Welcome to the CHATR Lab, leading research on health communication and media technology.
We are the Communication in Health and Technology Research (CHATR) Lab, supervised by Prof. Jingwen Zhang at the Department of Communication at University of California, Davis.
At the CHATR Lab, we study how media and persuasive technologies play a role in health communication. Our research focus on the following topics:
- Persuasive technology and health interventions
- Effects of health communication on behavior changes
- Online social networks and health
- Mobile-app based health interventions
- Social media and public health communication
- Artificial intelligence and health communication
To learn more about our research projects, visit our projects page.